Thursday, December 27, 2007

Propane Installation started

A pleasant surprise for Boxing Day - Maxon showed up to start working on the propane installation. They spent the entire day at the restaurant changing connections and pipes, and getting the lines ready for the hookup. Since the current lines were installed a very long time ago (we think that Remy just hooked the tanks up himself, without proper authorization or permits), they needed some major changes to be brought up to the current building codes.

Boxing Day was my last day in Sackville, as I am going to be away for a week due to a major commitment that I made several months ago. However, Ian Allen is going to be in charge of supervising renovations and upgrades while I'm away. I'll continue updating this blog site when I return, on approximately January 4th.

No word yet on a possible reopening date. If things go smoothly over the next week, we are hoping to re-open on approximately January 10th, but that's very tenuous right now. Happy holidays!