Sunday, January 6, 2008

More Shelving

Shuffling boxes and equipment around, as I work on various sections of the restaurant, is kind of like playing one of those "move-a-square" games that were popular when we were kids. My biggest goal yesterday was to put away the rest of the kitchen supplies, so I could work on chairs in the upper dining room, but there wasn't enough storage space in the kitchen yet. I looked at the back of the kitchen and realized that there was a lot of unused space there, so I started building some more heavy-duty shelves. That went well, until I ran out of lumber.

Aside from that, half of the chairs had their seats reinstalled and paint touchups done, and I also did a major cleanup throughout the dining rooms and hallways. For once, I feel like I actually accomplished more yesterday than I had expected. Usually, I make a list of things to do for the day, and it turns out in retrospect to be more than any normal person can accomplish in a week. However, it is always good to have goals.